Healthy Acadia is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that works on a broad range of community health initiatives that help Hancock and Washington counties to thrive. Since 2001, we have worked to identify priority health needs and to address root causes. We convene and facilitate numerous collaborative community efforts with shared leadership from many sectors to develop plans and take action to improve health and wellbeing, and to rapidly respond to critical and emergent health needs in our communities.
The scope of our work encompasses six areas of focus:
- Strong Beginnings to support healthy development and resilience from birth to adulthood;
- Healthy Food for All to ensure that all people have access to nutritious, affordable food, and to make the healthy choice the easy choice;
- Active and Healthy Environments to ensure that our indoor and outdoor spaces are safe, healthy, and promote physical activity and wellness;
- Healthy Aging to ensure that all of us can age well — with strength, dignity, comfort, and grace;
- Substance Prevention and Recovery to support people of all ages to live lives free of substance misuse and substance use disorder, and to support individuals throughout their recovery journey; and
- Health Promotion and Management to improve community supports across a wide range of health needs, from cancer patient navigation and stress reduction to barrier removal for health challenges and chronic disease and pain self-management.
Looking for more certified recovery residences in Maine? Visit the Maine Association of Recovery Residences for a complete list.
Last updated on September 18, 2023